Fruit Crumble Pie with a Cookie Crust
8 oz WOW Baking Snickerdoodle Cookies, crumbled
1 cup butter
8 oz frozen berries
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons butter
Makes 1 Pie
1) In a food processor, combine WOW Baking Cookies and 1 cup of butter. Process until it becomes a crumbly consistency.
2) Take the crust mixture out of the food processor and pour it into a pie dish. Save ½ cup of crust mixture to add to the top of the pie later.
3) Flatten the crust into the pie dish so the entire bottom and side of the pie dish is covered in crust. Crust should be all in one large piece.
4) In a saucepan simmer berries, sugar, and lemon juice over medium heat until warm and juicy, about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Carefully stir cornstarch into the fruit and mix until smooth and well-combined. Bring the pot of berries back to a simmer and slowly pour in the cornstarch. Continue stirring until thickened (about 3 minutes).
6) Stir in the butter and then allow the fruit mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
7) Pour fruit mixture in the pie dish, covering the crust.
8) Sprinkle remaining crust crumble on top of the pie.