Gluten-Free Spice Waffles and Warm Apple Cranberry Compote
1 Package WOW Baking Company Spice Cake Mix
2 Tbl dried cranberries
1 Tbl butter
3 Tbl Brown sugar
pinch of cinnamon
Makes approximately 8 - 2 oz waffles.
1) Prepare mix as directed on the back of package and cook in waffle iron.
2) Melt the butter in medium nonstick pan over medium heat.
3) Add apples and cook until just soft. Stir occasionally.
4) When apples are soft add brown sugar, cranberries and cinnamon. Continue to cook and stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
5) Remove from heat and serve immediately on top of waffles (with warm maple syrup optional).